Hello! So my name is Tiffany Parker and I am supposed to create a blog to document my time with a program called Arts Bridge! To put it simply, Arts Bridge is a partnership BYU does with various schools in Utah. We students who are studying the various arts (dance, music, visual art, etc) get to team up with a teacher at one of these schools and add our specific arts to their normal curriculum. We get paid, mentored, and have the opportunity to get a lot of teaching experience. I have never gotten into blogs or blogging so that is why I am writing this! I realize that sounded kind of negative but I think this will be fun for anyone who cares enough to read my posts and will be a good chance for me to reflect on my experiences and hopefully learn. And yes, I realize that my writing is kind of all over the place; that's why I'm a music major. 

ANYWHOOO.... about me! I am a Music Education major (General Music emphasis, not choral) at Brigham Young University with a minor in Theatre Arts Studies. With my theatre minor I am hoping to develop skills in sound design and technology so that I might be able to increase my job opportunities. 

People often ask me what I want to do with my music degree and so to put it simply I would very much like to try out my performing career with many more 'practical' jobs on the side. My dream life would involve performing in professional theatre (musical theatre is life!) every other night and running tech on the nights I wasn't performing. Earlier in the day I would teach private voice lessons and teach at a dance studio. I feel so incredibly blessed at the moment because I have taught dance for the past few years (mostly hip hop), and am currently teaching private voice lessons! 

*SHAMELESS PLUG* if you would like to take lessons from me, I would love to teach you!! I don't yet have my degree so I'm cheap! ;) feel free to contact me on here or FB or whatever! ;) 

I have played piano since I was 8 but never practiced so I am not a beginner but I am just good enough to play hymns for church which was my mother's dream anyways so, YOU'RE WELCOME MOM! AND THANK YOU ;) She did, however, make me take organ lessons which lasted for about 6 months and then my first semester starting my program I was forced to learn flute and violin. As my brothers and fellow classmates will bluntly state, I was not gifted with the ability to pick up instruments quickly. oh well, my Savior loves me and that's what matters. While music is my life, I also really love sports. They were my first love, even before music, and will always be with me. I never miss a BYU football game no matter how many interceptions we throw or how offensively cold this state gets (I'm from Mesa, Arizona so I consider 60 degrees to be a brutal winter). I've played soccer since I was 8 (I think I started piano shortly after), then played intramural basketball at my elementary school, then played volleyball my freshman year of high school. I still manage to make time continuing these sports at BYU through their intramural program and am on a flag football team right now. I can, in fact, throw a perfect spiral and I take great pride in that. I am very sassy but I feel like I am a good person at the core and am trying to be better every day. I am obsessed with tigers and feel personally responsible for the comeback of crispy M&M's in America which is a riveting story for another time. 

I am super excited to work with the wonderful and beautiful Nik Dorsey (short for Nicole) at Vineyard elementary but am a little nervous as well. This will be a great growing opportunity for me and I get MONEY so it's a win win. Thanks for dealing with my ramblings. :) 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

11/3/17 Lesson 3: Fred with Living and Non-Living things